Drachengas Group’s history is closely connected with that of its founder, Prof. Dr. Giuseppe Costantino Dragan – a Romanian by birth, a European and cosmopolitan at heart. It all began in Austria where he started with a small business in the Liquid Petroleum Gas field.
1954 marks the birthing hour of Propangas AG. The distribution of propane gas in blue steel cylinders with filling weights of 5 kg, 11 kg and 33 kg was carried out under the name Drachengas. The cylinderes were primarily used in households for cooking and water heating since pipeline-bound/grid-bound energy wasn’t commonly spread.
Due to the economic upturn and rise in demand for Drachengas, the company determinedly established a network of dealers to enable the nationwide supply of all of Austria.
In the 1970s, propane gas was increasingly being used as an alternative to common heating fuels. Modern heating technologies and propane’s high calorific value permitted an economic use of this eco-friendly energy source. Outdoor tanks were being installed under and above ground to keep up with the increasing amount of energy needed at a reasonable price. Demand for installation, service, and technical assistance skyrocketed with the rapid development of the fuel pump business. To that end, Propangas AG decided to set up sales facilities with employees trained especially for these operations throughout Austria.
By now Propangas AG is a member of Veroniki Holding. Every day Veroniki Holding supplies hundred-thousand private bottled gas and gas tank clients as well as industries and public institutions in seven countries.
The Drachengas brand is synonymous with efficiency, safety, and service quality within the European Liquid Petroleum Gas market (LPG market). Serving our customers and fulfilling their wishes and demands is our top priority.